Primary Project Locations: Las Vegas & Los Angeles
Other Locations Based on Stretch Goals: New York, Tokyo & Amsterdam
Primary Filming has started, estimated date of release: July 2021!
Video Overview of Crowdfunding: Connectedness & Community
[br] Scope and Goal of Tattoo Documentary:
The core goal is to uncover people’s motivations, inspirations, and their reasons for getting a Tattoo. Why they chose their body locations, artwork and their specific Tattoo Artist.
- If work considerations were critical for the location of their Tattoos
- Was this stock Tattoo artwork or was theirs a Custom Tattoo Design?
- Interviews with Tattoo Shop Owners & Tattoo Artists
- We also hope to interview and document people’s VERY FIRST Tattoos!!
Not only are we looking to interview individual recipients of Tattoos, but also as many Tattoo Artists, shop owners and industry leaders as we can, including magazine editors, writers, owners, etc.
A short list of industry leaders we hope to interview:
- Betty Rose: professional tattoo artist and major cat lover, it’s all about Cattoos — cat tattoos
- Emily Shephard: Model, Burlesque Dancer, Business Owner & Actress.
- Marcus Kuhn aka “The Gypsy Gentleman” – Owner of Just Good Tattoos has Over 30 years of Tattoo expernece.
- Dirk Vermin – Bad Ink (TV Series) – Owns PussyKat Tattoo Parlor in Fabulous Las Vegas, established: 1999.
- Tattoo magagine editors & Contributors for: Inked, Inked Girls, Skin Deep, Tattoo Life, Skinshots, Rebel Ink & Ink Fashion
- Owners of Temporary Tattoo companies, including one that just had a successful Crowdfunding campaign
- By no means is this a complete list, and suggestions are welcome
Tattoo Documentary Crowdfunding Goals by Stage:
The process of interviewing, editing, traveling, reaching out to distribution and film festivals is a costly one. There are various financial needs to complete each process, both in equipment, resources, and especially TIME! The following outlines each level of our funding needs…
- Stage 1 Goal: $58,000 – 6 months of principle interviews, questions and answers completed, professionally edited and distribution-ready documentary
- Stretch Goal: $70,000 – Film Festival Submissions & Press Releases
- Stretch Goal: $100,000 – Tour the west coast in an RV for 3 months doing interviews, city to city! Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, ect.
- Stretch Goal: $125,000 – Extended interviews and filming in New York, Tokyo & Amsterdam
Please Note: ALL interviews will be posted to our YouTube channel. NOTHING will be lost or forgotten.
Tattoo Documentary is a Flexible Funding Campaign:
We Keep Your Money No Matter What…Why?!
Flexible funding – any amount of money will help us reach your campaign objective, and we will still be able to fulfill any of your rewards! So with flexible funding, we keep all funds even if we do not meet our total overall goal. If you have any questions please do contact us.
Distribution of $$$ Collected:
- Editing Software to do first cuts, such as Adobe Cloud to deliver to editing company
- Primary Sony camera equipment for interviewee
- Secondary GoPro 4 Hero Black or HERO4 Session for my POS
- Lavalier mic Set
- Led Light Banks
- Marketing materials and ads for interviewees
- Database of tattoo shops to reach out to
First, let me say I don’t have any Tattoos! HOWEVER, I’ve always found myself fascinated by them, so fascinated I had to do a documentary.
I am a business consultant, offering a Business Mentor program. I’m also a Life Coach, providing a holistic approach to improving health, wealth and overall quality of life. And lastly, I’m a Motivational Speaker.
For me, life is too short to be trapped in a 4 x 4 cubicle in a stuffy office somewhere. My freedom is important to me. I thrive on sunlight and freedom. I have never done well with authority. I am a child of the universe, a free spirit, a sensitive soul.
My area of expertise is business planning, development & marketing from existing businesses to start-ups, evolving them into profitable organizations. By assisting them to capitalize on their great ideas while defining their goals and objectives, in all facets, helping these organizations achieve success and propelling them to the next level!
I have 27 years of extensive experience in the various business disciplines of Technology and Business Development, encompassing Web Marketing and Development, including eCommerce objectives, CRM Solutions, SEO, PPC, SEM, Product Placement (aka Branded Entertainment), IP Marketing and Media Buying for over 18 years.
Tattoo Documentary Reward Levels!
$5 – Gratitude
$10 – Personal thank you email from Glenn
$27 – Video on Demand and digital download – watch completed documentary online
$50 – Thank you in the film’s credits
$100 – Energy Exchange Donation: 1 hour phone or Skype consultation with Glenn
$250 – Priority interview; tell your story and make the final cut of the documentary
$500 – Supervising Producer Credit on the Film & IMDB Credit
$1,000 – Associate Producer Credit on the Film & IMDB Credit
$2,500 – Managing Producer Credit on the Film & IMDB Credit
$5,000 – Co-Executive Producer Credit on the Film & IMDB Credit
$10,000 – Corporate Sponsorship, also known as branded entertainment. Perfect for the right brand, tattoo artist or tattoo shop
$25,000 – Glenn will get his first tattoo and be included in the documentary, including choosing artwork, Tattoo Artist & location
$50,000 – Executive Producer – BIG CHEESE! Credit on the Film & IMDB Credit! And ability to contribute creative input
By donating to any reward level, you are not receiving equity into the project, shares or any other rights, besides the stated reward.
$ 25,000 Reward: I will get a memorial Cattoo of my departed kitty Smoky
I will choose the Tattoo Artist & location of the Cattoo! I’m open to feedback. But the final placement and size is at the sole discretion of Glenn Louis Parker.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Please share this campaign via Social media
- Of course, send a message if there is any way you wish to contribute
- Click here for quick and easy Donation via PayPal
Join The Tattoo Documentary Newsletter to get UPDATES and New Interviews…
Risks & Challenges:
Like any production project, there are considerations and issues. However, since we are the source of our interviews, we will be getting releases from EVERYONE, and I don’t foresee needing to get a lot of external rights to materials, such as photos or stock footage. So overall, this will be a very painless and simple process…just time-consuming!
$10,000 Corporate Sponsorship, only 2 to be sold.
Perfect for a tattoo brand, tattoo artist and any number of business related to the tattoo industry. I’m very open minded to place product in the documentary by people sporting your merchandise or receiving tattoos at your tattoo shop. Or any number of ideas, if for some reason we can’t come to a mutual decision as to how your brand or product is to be represented. Then production reserves the right to issue a full refund and part as friends.
All Producer credit rewards levels expect Executive Producer
You will be officially listed as ”Producer Reward Level” in IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/) for Tattoo Documentary, final name to be determined. Also, You get your name in the closing credits of the film.
Executive Producer, $ 50.000, only 2 to be sold
After the campaign you need to sign NDA (*) and we’ll arrange a meet/skype with the producer(s) and get to know you a bit better. We’ll talk if you’d like to be involved in the production and what areas interest you. You’re welcome participate in different phases of the production with a prior agreement with the producer. During pre-production, shooting and post production, and of course once the film is completed and released. You won`t get share in the profits if any, but you get your share in the experience!
You will be officially listed as ”Executive Producer” in IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/) for Tattoo Documentary, final name to be determined. Also, You get your name in the opening credits of the film. There will be your name with Your fellow Executive Producer in the same card. The exact position and background will be decided by the production.
For Executive Producer Perk: The collaboration between You and me and rest of the production needs to be smooth and constructive. If for any reason this relation becomes a problem for the production, we need to have the right to cancel this agreement, in which case your funds would be refunded.
(*) A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement (SA), is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects nonpublic business information.
Wish to be interviewed for this Tattoo Documentary?!?
Example of the scope that interview questions will cover:
- Were there any celebrities or public figures that motivated your getting a Tattoo?
- Overall motivations, inspirations, reasons for getting a Tattoo
- When was the VERY first time you thought about getting one?
- Who was your tattoo artist and why did you choose them?
- What body areas did you choose and WHY?
- And MUCH, MUCH more
Your Tattoos can be any size and/or location. Something from a small happy face to full Body Art head to toe.
Please fill out the questionnaire below, and a production assistant will reach out to setup a date and time for your interview…